While Ptah is recovering, his mom is helping care for him. I spoke to her for some time this afternoon to get a better idea of what’s happening and what the community members can do to help.
At a basic level, Ptah is doing much better, but is still sleeping often. They have follow up appointments w the hospital, and the eye specialist appointment on Friday.
For now, the biggest hurdles are day to day items. Since there isn’t a car, getting to appointments, going to run errands or simple outings like Ptah going to his office are made impossible. I was able to get a list of items that we can do to help out, with an assurance that if more was needed, they’d let us know. If you can help us provide one of the following, please fill out the form below. We’ll get in touch so you can purchase these items directly. We won’t be collecting money for them.
1. Taxi Vouchers- we’d like to purchase $250 in vouchers, if someone would like to underwrite this.
2. Dinner- we now have a google calendar so you can sign up to send dinner over to Ptah’s house. Estimated cost: 20-40$
3. Groceries- we have a grocery list from Ptah’s family, and we’d like to send groceries over every 2 weeks. Estimated cost: 100$
4. Magazines/ Books- if you’d like to send reading material over, whether magazines for Ptah’s mom, or WP books for Ptah, we’ll give you an address to send them to.
5. Visitors- Ptah’s mom said he was jonesing for company. If you’re in the area, and want to drop in, we’ll give you info on doing so.
More than anything else, Ptah’s mom expressed her undying gratitude for the help they’ve received. She said that in reading the messages from everyone, she began crying. She didn’t really understand about the WP community before, what it was, or Ptah’s place in it, but she was completely overwhelmed and proud that her son was a part of it.